Πραγματοποιήθηκε στις 15 Οκτωβρίου 2013, στον Ελληνορθόδοξο Καθεδρικό Ναό Αγ. Νικολάου Δυτ. Λονδίνου, η 7η Συνάντηση της Συνέλευσης των Ορθοδόξων Επισκόπων Βρετανίας και Ιρλανδίας.
Παρόντες ήταν οι εξής:
Σεβ. Αρχιεπίσκοπος Θυατείρων & Μεγ. Βρετανίας κ. Γρηγόριος
His Eminence Archbishop Elisey of Sourozh
(Patriarchate of Moscow)
His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Berlin, Germany & Great Britain
(Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia)
His Grace Bishop Athanasios of Tropaeou (Archdiocese of Thyateira)
His Grace Bishop Ignatie of Mures
(Romanian Diocese of Spain and Portugal)
Welcoming the participants, the Chairman, Archbishop Gregorios expressed deep prayerful concern for His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch, whose brother, Metropolitan Paul of Aleppo is still missing, as well as for the persecuted Christians and all the suffering people of Syria and Egypt. His Eminence also reiterated the vital importance of the attendance of all Diocesan Bishops at the meetings of the Assembly, without which it was difficult to make any progress towards our common goals.
The bishops discussed leaflets on Baptism and Marriage prepared by the Educational committee, as well as various matters prepared by the Pastoral committee, including transfer of clergy from one jurisdiction to another, prison ministry, pastoral recommendations concerning the preparation for and partaking of Holy Communion and communication of the work of the Assembly.
The bishops agreed:
1) To refer the educational booklets for the guidance of parents wishing to baptise their children and couples preparing for marriage to the Theological committee for comment.
2) That all transfers of major and minor clergy from one Orthodox jurisdiction to another should take place in strict accordance with the canonical requirement for a letter of canonical dismissal from the dismissing bishop to be sent directly to the receiving bishop.
3) To encourage a systematic and coordinated approach to Orthodox ministry in prisons.
4) To approve the pastoral recommendations on Holy Communion.
5) That the next Episcopal Assembly should be held on 8th May, 2014.
The meeting concluded with a festal lunch in the church hall.